It’s the most wonderful time of year! A time for family and the perfect time for soup!! Ok any time is the perfect time for soup lol. But not just any soup, my Homemade Winter Vegetable Soup. It’s perfect for those who may want to try a meatless option for lunch or dinner. So let’s get right to it and walk through the Homemade Winter Vegetable Soup recipe that will have your taste buds singing :-).
To prepare the dish you’ll need a cutting board, chef’s knife and large soup pot.
Winter Vegetable Soup
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- Large Soup Pot
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 3/4 tsp Salt, add more to taste if desired
- 5 Sprigs of Thyme
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 14.5 oz can No-salt-added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15.5 oz can Low-sodium Garbanzo Beans
- 1 cup Peeled Carrots, diced
- 3 cups Kale, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over a medium-high heat
- Add the onion and carrots, stirring occasionally for about 7 minutes until they begin to soften
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 3 minutes more
- Add the allspice, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme sprigs, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes with juice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale and the garbanzo beans with juice, and cook for 10 minutes
- Remove the thyme sprigs and enjoy
If you enjoyed this recipe, then I know you’ll love my recipe for THE BEST TURKEY SAUSAGE QUICHE EVER!!
Leave a Reply